Are you planning a shopping trip across the border? A week in the sun? The trip you have spent your life dreaming of?
Unexpected illness or injury can affect even the best-made plans when travelling. We have travel insurance to protect you with comprehensive emergency medical coverage at an affordable price, so you can travel worry-free anywhere in the world. We even offer coverage for unexpected trip interruption or cancellation.
Our travel assistance team is available 24/7 to help you in case of an emergency. Wherever you are travelling worldwide, we are just a phone call away. That is why Blue Cross travel insurance is recognized worldwide, and it’s one of the reasons you should choose us for your travel insurance needs.
Why choose Blue Cross for your trip?
- Optional deductibles on emergency medical care costs. Where possible, we arrange payment directly with the hospital.
- Some pre-existing conditions may be covered for greater peace of mind.
- A BlueCross BlueShield® Association partner - the largest medical network in the United States. We also partner with assistance service providers worldwide.
- Trip cancellation benefit covering prepaid non-refundable travel costs.
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel.
Coverage options for single trips
|Medical only||Package Plus||Package Plus in Canada|
|Emergency medical care|
|Medical follow-up in Canada|
All these plans include:
- $5,000,000 for emergency medical care per trip
- Hospitalization fees
- Professional fees for nurses, physicians and other health care professionals for emergency medical treatment
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental treatment as a result of an accident
- Emergency repatriation, when necessary and based on the medical condition of the insured, subject to approval by the travel assistance medical team and the attending physician at the destination
- Return of your travelling companion and/or family members covered by the same policy
- Up to $3,000 for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency