The Blue Cross travel insurance plan for snowbirds is designed for Canadians who head to warmer climates each year. Available on a daily or annual basis, our travel insurance plan includes 24/7 emergency assistance services.
Whether you spend the winter in the warmer climate of Florida or just enjoy travelling across Arizona and Mexico, Blue Cross has the travel coverage you need.
Why do snowbirds choose Blue Cross?
- We have no deductibles and whenever possible, we coordinate the payment directly with the hospital.
- We offer coverage for some pre-existing conditions, giving you extra peace of mind.
- We provide 24/7 travel assistance in case of an emergency, 365 days a year.
- We’re affiliated with the BlueCross BlueShield Association, the largest medical network in the United States.
- We have special service agreements with Florida Blue, Arizona Blue Cross and international medical assistance service providers.
Some coverage options for snowbirds
|Medical only||Annual medical||Package Plus||Annual Package Plus|
|Emergency medical care|
|Medical follow-up in Canada|
All these plans include:
- $5,000,000 for emergency medical care per trip
- Hospitalization fees
- Professional fees for nurses, physicians and other health professionals for emergency medical treatment and care
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental treatment as a result of an accident
- Emergency repatriation by air ambulance or commercial flight with a medical escort
- Transportation and out-of-pocket expenses for a relative coming to your bedside if you are hospitalized for more than 7 days
- Up to $5,000 for the return of your vehicle to your Canadian residence with a professional driver service
- Up to $3,000 for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency