Blue Cross1-866-732-2583
Camping in the mountains of British Columbia.

Taking a trip to another province? Travel insurance is a must.

Whether you are taking a trip across the border or driving to another province, the only way to ensure that you are protected in case of an emergency is by purchasing a travel insurance policy for your trip.

The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care states that “typically [OHIP] coverage (while out-of-province but within Canada) is for physician and hospital services only. Therefore, when travelling outside of Ontario but within Canada, the ministry recommends that you obtain private supplementary health insurance for non-physician/non-hospital services.”

Although you will have a limited amount of coverage through OHIP while you’re in another province, the amount of money you may need to pay for services not covered by OHIP, such as ambulance service, will typically be more than the cost of a travel insurance policy.

Get a quote now!


IMPORTANT NOTICE TO TRAVELLERS – In accordance with official government recommendations, and given the limited availability of medical resources worldwide, it is imperative that all travellers currently abroad return to Canada as soon as possible.

NOTICE TO INSURED PERSONS – To allow us to respond to urgent requests from travellers currently abroad and to reduce waiting times, please contact us by phone only if your trip is scheduled to take place in less than 72 hours.

SUSPENSION OF SALES – In order to contribute to collective efforts to curb the spread of COVID-19, we have decided to suspend sales of new travel insurance policies until further notice. This decision stems from our desire to protect the health and wellness of our insureds.

See our FAQ for quick answers to your questions.