Ontario Blue Cross, along with Global Affairs Canada, is pleased to offer employees and their families a customized 30-day annual travel plan. The plan is designed to cover benefits not included in your current group plan.
This coverage allows you to travel with complete peace of mind and protection should an emergency arise while you’re on vacation or circuitous travel. See the sample travel insurance policy for full benefit details.
Your coverage includes:
- Unlimited number of trips (maximum of 30 days per trip).
- Emergency transportation expenses, such as repatriation to mission site, including air ambulance, for up to $60,000 for the entire duration of the contract.
- Subsistence allowance of up to $1,000/day to a maximum of $10,000 (coverage period may not exceed 20 days).
- Travel assistance services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
Medical assistance services
- Directions to appropriate clinic or hospital
- Medical file follow-up and contact with family physician
- Coordination of return home
General assistance services
- General travel information
- Transmission of urgent messages to family
- Interpretation services
- Referral to legal counsel
Coverage is available only to Canadian Global Affairs Canada employees assigned on a Canadian mission abroad and to their dependents.
Family coverage includes dependents who are under the age of 21 and living at home, or under 25 and attending a registered educational institution on a full-time basis.
This is not a contract. Actual terms and conditions are detailed in the policy provided by Ontario Blue Cross. Please read the description of benefits upon receipt of your policy, which contains your details, terms, conditions and limitations.