The Blue Cross travel insurance plan for visitors to Canada covers emergency medical care fees and is also available for individuals who are visiting Canada on a super visa.
Visit Canada worry-free and spend time with family living here. Your trips to other provinces and the United States are covered.
Welcome to Canada!
Why Blue Cross?
- Optional deductibles on emergency medical care costs. Where possible, we arrange payment directly with the hospital.
- Canada's #1 travel insurance brand and recognized worldwide
- Visitors to Canada insurance meets the requirements of Canada's super visa
- Trips outside Canada are permitted and Blue Cross travel assistance is maintained.
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel.
- Hospitalization fees for a semi-private room
- Professional fees for nurses and physicians required for emergency medical treatment
- Up to $2,000 for emergency dental care treatment as a result of an accident
- Emergency home return by air ambulance or commercial flight with a medical escort
- Up to $1,000 for accommodation and meals if your return is delayed due to a medical emergency
- Professional services by a physiotherapist, chiropractor, osteopath or podiatrist when medically necessary and prescribed by the attending physician, up to a maximum of $300 per profession
- Trip break (when the duration of your stay in Canada is for a minimum of 365 days) so that you may return to your country of residence and come back to Canada without terminating the insurance contract.*
The Visitors to Canada plan should be purchased before your arrival in Canada, but may also be purchased when you arrive.* If it's purchased on arrival, coverage will be effective on the date of purchase in case of accident or injury and 4 days after the date of purchase in case of illness.
See the sample travel insurance policy for more information.
* Some conditions apply.