Why travellers prefer Blue Cross
- Canada's #1 travel insurance brand and recognized worldwide
- Over 80 years of expertise in insurance
- $5 million travel insurance coverage, with or without deductible
- Flexible and affordable travel insurance solutions
- Free quote available online
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel
Visitors to Canada
The Visitors to Canada insurance plan is available to individuals 79 years of age or younger.
We offer two options that fit the super visa requirements. Visitors to Canada plans are available with maximum coverage amounts of $100,000 or $150,000.
Only reasonable and usual medical and surgical charges are covered at 100% under this plan. Individuals without provincial health care insurance are sometimes charged higher fees for treatment than the fees set and allowed by the government schedule of the province where the medical service is rendered. Blue Cross does not refund any additional fees that some doctors may charge.
Trips outside of Canada are covered, as long as they meet all the following criteria:
- Must begin and end in Canada
- Must take place entirely within the coverage period
- Must not exceed 30 days
- Must not take place in your country of permanent residence
In addition, the total duration of all side trips undertaken during the coverage period must not exceed 49% of the contract term.
The visitors to Canada plan covers the cost of new drugs prescribed for an emergency medical treatment. However, the insurer does not cover the cost of drugs required for the continuing stabilization of a chronic medical conditions.
Dental care may be covered under certain conditions, when an accident occurs during the coverage period.
There are no restrictions on what province you can visit. The policy is valid across the country.
Yes, you can buy a Visitors to Canada plan if you meet the following criteria.
The contract must be purchased:
- Before your date of arrival in Canada, or
- Before the termination date of an insurance coverage in Canada similar to ours that you hold with another insurance company, or
- Within 30 days of either of the two preceding dates.
Individuals who purchase after the effective date of another insurance contract offering similar coverage in Canada must present proof of that insurance.
When the contract is purchased within 30 days of the date of arrival in Canada or the termination date of an insurance coverage in Canada similar to ours, there is a waiting period of 3 days from the date of purchase.
During this waiting period, insured persons are covered for accidents and injuries, but not for illness.