Why travellers prefer Blue Cross
- Canada's #1 travel insurance brand and recognized worldwide
- Over 80 years of expertise in insurance
- $5 million travel insurance coverage, with or without deductible
- Flexible and affordable travel insurance solutions
- Free quote available online
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel
The trip you’re planning is more than a list of places to see - it’s a series of memories and adventures you’ll cherish forever. Before you set off on your journey, make sure to check that your travel insurance covers the activities you plan on doing.
You may be looking forward to relaxing by the pool and on the beach, but being ready for any situation can be reassuring. Travel insurance provides support and assistance in various situations, like accidents, illnesses, baggage loss, or flight delays.
Ontario Blue Cross travel insurance is your companion for adventure.
Ontario Blue Cross travel insurance covers a wide range of travel activities for both meticulous planners and spontaneous explorers. Here are just a few examples:
- Learn how to surf
- Go snorkelling to explore underwater flora and fauna
- Take a scenic hike along the mountain trails
- Kayak on a picturesque lake
- Paddleboard your way through local waterways
- Horseback riding on the beach
- Embark on a scuba diving adventure course with a certified instructor
- Discover the city and surrounding sights on a bike
If you're curious about whether your favourite activity or one you're keen to try is covered by
Ontario Blue Cross travel insurance, all you need to do is review your insurance policy.
For any questions you may have, feel free to contact our Customer Relations Centre.
Coverage does not apply to high-risk activities.
Your vacation is an opportunity to have fun and try new things. Ontario Blue Cross travel insurance covers many exciting activities, such as the ones listed above. However, it’s important to keep in mind that high-risk activities like the ones below are excluded from coverage:
- Extreme sports or activities involving stunts, aerobatics, or improvised equipment
- Motor sports in competition or training
- Aerial sports such as hang-gliding, bungee jumping, or skydiving
- High-risk water sports such as whitewater kayaking or kitesurfing
- High-risk mountain sports such as rock climbing or off-track mountain biking
For specific details regarding your coverage, including limitations and exclusions, please see your policy. If you’re uncertain about whether your travel insurance covers your scheduled activities, our Customer Relations Centre agents are available to answer your questions.
Whenever you need us, we’re here to help.
We know how important your trip is to you, and we want you to have a wonderful time. That’s why we’re here to help you in case of an emergency, no matter where you are in the world. Please contact Blue Cross Travel Assistance as soon as possible after an incident so we can provide you with the support and expertise you need.
You can rely on our assistance service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for recommendations on which health care facility to use, coordinating your care, providing continuous follow-ups, and assisting with repatriation when necessary. You can also reach out to our experts at any time for advice and assistance.
If you are injured during an activity not covered by your travel insurance, rest assured that
Ontario Blue Cross will still provide support for you to the best of our abilities. However, you should know that your insurance plan does not cover health care or procedures resulting from your accident; you will be responsible for those costs. The good news is that you can easily avoid this type of situation by checking that your activities are covered by your travel insurance.
With our help, you can make the most of your vacation and the destination you’re visiting. Take some time to explore our travel insurance options and find the one that is right for you. Here’s to wishing you a fantastic vacation!