Why travellers prefer Blue Cross
- Canada's #1 travel insurance brand and recognized worldwide
- Over 80 years of expertise in insurance
- $5 million travel insurance coverage, with or without deductible
- Flexible and affordable travel insurance solutions
- Free quote available online
- Travel assistance available 24/7 for any emergency, anywhere you travel
For many travellers, the presence of a beautiful beach is one of the most important considerations in vacation planning. Millions of Canadians take beach vacations each year. The beach you choose can depend on the type of activities you want to engage in.
Are you looking for a great beach atmosphere? The perfect beach for surfing and water sports? A place to explore aquatic life? Do you want a more remote location to soak up the sun at? Or are you looking for something that offers a little bit of everything?
There are thousands of wonderful beaches around the world, but a few are in a league of their own. They are the beaches that you see in movies. They are surreal and almost too good to be true.
Here are eight of the most beautiful beaches in the world:
- Lanikai Beach, Oahu, Hawaii: The emerald green water, white sand, palm trees, lush greenery and beautiful backdrop make this one of the most scenic beaches in the world. The perfect place for relaxation and a stroll with family and friends.
- Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles: One of the most photographed beaches in the world, its breathtaking blue water, soft sand and gigantic granite boulders make it a place you need to see to believe.
- El Castillo, Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico: Mexico has some of the best beaches in the world, which is partly why it’s one of the most popular tourist destinations. The beach at El Castillo is the best that the country has to offer. Located below the El Castillo ruins, the beach is sheltered by giant limestone cliffs and tropical flora, creating an atmosphere you won’t see anywhere else.
- Fraser Island, Queensland, Australia: Fraser Island is in another country that is world-famous for its beaches, and it is known for its gold sand and for being the largest sand island in the world. With rainforests and natural wildlife in the surrounding area, it’s a wonderful beach destination.
- Blinky Beach, Lord Howe Island, Australia: Another entry from Australia, Blinky Beach is one of the most beautiful beaches on the continent. Its powdery sand, deep blue water and tall dunes look like something out of the movies.
- Matira Beach, Bora Bora, Tahiti: Known as the Romantic Island, Bora Bora holds a lagoon that is lined with white sand, and Matira Beach is the island’s most spectacular beach that has public access.
- El Nido, Palawan Island, Philippines: There are more than 50 white sand beaches in El Nido, and with possibly the bluest water you will ever see, you cannot go wrong with visiting this beach destination.
- Waipio Valley Beach, Big Island, Hawaii: One of the most difficult beaches to get to, it’s one of the coolest you might ever experience. “This beach in Waipio Valley is one of the hardest to get to in Hawaii—you must hike or drive down a treacherously narrow, steep road to reach your destination. But it's well worth the trek: At the bottom, you’re rewarded with a mile-long black volcanic sand beach bordered by 2000-foot cliff walls and backed by thick rainforest. If that weren’t scenic enough, the Kaluahine and Waiulili waterfalls cut into the cliffs at the south end of the beach, and are accessible via a boulder-strewn trail along the surf,” says David Jefferys in Condé Nast Traveler.
Whether you plan to stay in the Americas, Europe, Asia or on a Pacific Island, you are never too far from a world-class beach. Once you book your trip, make sure you have vacation travel insurance, so you can enjoy the sunshine worry-free.