Health retreat getaways are growing in popularity as a vacation option. Travellers increasingly want to make health and wellness part of their trip. They not only want to visit a new destination and experience a new culture, they also want to relax, decompress, calm the mind and treat the body.
Relaxing health retreats across Canada
Best Health has put together a list of the top relaxing health retreats in Canada:
- Keltic Lodge, Nova Scotia: With breathtaking scenery along the Cabot Trail, and only minutes from the Atlantic Ocean, this is truly a great place on the East Coast for some relaxation. The spa overlooks the ocean and offers a number of massage and relaxation services. You can even enjoy your lunch on the spa’s deck, which overlooks the Cape Smokey mountain.
- Northern Lights Resort & Spa, Yukon: If you want somewhere that is off the grid, this is it. You can rent a cozy log chalet, enjoy aromatherapy massage, explore the untouched nature in the area and at night view the northern lights.
- Temple Gardens Hotel & Spa, Saskatchewan: Located in Moose Jaw, this world-renowned spa allows guests to enjoy the therapeutic properties of mineral-rich water.
- Verity Ivy Hotel and Sweetgrass Spa, Toronto: Located downtown in an 1850s chocolate factory, this is one of Canada’s most exclusive spas. You can plan a private yoga session, take part in lectures and workshops and enjoy a detox smoothie. The spa even has a $19,000-Hӓstens bed, which is considered to be the best sleep in the world.
- Scandinave Spa Mont-Tremblant, Quebec: Modelled on the Finnish tradition of bathing outside, the spa offers guests the opportunity to experience a completely new relaxation technique: “The ritual is best done in three to four cycles. Each starts with warming the body followed by cold-water dips to snap the pores shut (an effect reputed to strengthen the immune system), and ends with relaxation sessions,” says Margaret Swaine in Best Health. The spa also features a zero-gravity pavilion, and you are only minutes away from skiing. The resort has additional locations in Montreal, Blue Mountain and Whistler.
No matter where you live in Canada, you are never too far away from a health retreat destination. Each resort has unique relaxation services and appeal. Others worth considering include Miraj Hammam Spa by Caudalie Paris, in Toronto, and the Tigh-Na-Mara Seaside Spa Resort, on Vancouver Island.
If you are planning a relaxing getaway, don’t forget to purchase your travel insurance coverage, even if you are travelling within Canada. Without travel insurance, your relaxing getaway could turn into a stressful situation should your trip not go according to plan. Get a free travel insurance quote today and travel worry free!