The travel dates you choose will have a significant impact on your travel experience. Rather than paying premium rates and being one of thousands of tourists on a trip, travellers are increasingly considering travelling in the off-season – and for good reason. Here are some of the benefits:
- More affordable accommodations: Hotels and resorts offer travel deals and lower rates to attract people during the off-season. This allows you to save money, stay at a better resort or extend your stay, depending on your travel budget.
- Cheaper travel packages: Flights, rental cars, admission fees, excursions and other common travel experiences are offered at more affordable rates.
- Fewer people, better experiences: Off-season travel allows you to see your destination’s top tourist attractions without the crowds, making it a more enjoyable experience. This also means no waiting in lines and more time to take everything in.
- More options: You will have more options available to you. Unlike high travel season, when the best accommodations, flights and excursions sell out, you will have more options from which to choose, giving you more flexibility to plan your trip.
- Authentic experiences: You are more likely to meet locals and have a more authentic travel experience.
- It’s always off-season somewhere: Regardless of when you plan to travel, it is always the off-season for travel somewhere in the world.
- The weather is not as bad as you think: While it can be hit-and-miss, the weather may be better than you think. Check the forecast and plan accordingly.