Montreal is one of the most popular cities in Canada for tourists. It has a distinct European vibe and countless attractions.
As with many other destinations, figuring out what to see and how to get tickets can be a challenge if you are in a city you’re not familiar with. Tourisme Montréal has come up with a great solution to provide travellers with an easy way of visiting some of the city’s top tourist attractions by offering a city pass called Passeport MTL.
The city pass covers admission to various attractions and provides visitors with unlimited use of the public transportation system, eliminating the need for figuring out where to buy transportation passes and tickets for the attractions they were already planning to visit.
According to Passeport MTL, “The Passeport MTL allows you to visit up to 14 must‑see Montréal attractions at a fraction of the price, public transportation included. Choose the 24h formula for $64, or the 72h formula for $109. The Passeport MTL is worth over $240. You simply need to have your card handy to visit the attractions of your choice.”
Seeing Montreal is as simple as:
- Choose the pass you want.
- Buy it online.
- Present your pass at the attraction’s ticket office.
The city pass also includes travel on the Trudeau Airport shuttle bus, eliminating the need for you to find transportation to and from the airport if you are flying into the city.
Attractions included with the pass
Montreal is filled with many great attractions, and the pass gives you access to some of the best the city has to offer. Included in the price of the pass is admission to:
- Montreal Museum of Fine Arts
- Museum of Saint Joseph’s Oratory of Mount Royal
- McCord Museum
- Grévin Montreal Museum
- Musée d’art contemporain de Montréal
- Casino de Montréal
- Pointe-à-Callière, Montréal Museum of Archaeology and History
- Montréal Botanical Garden (Space for Life)
- Montréal Insectarium (Space for Life)
- Biodôme de Montréal (Space for Life)
- Rio Tinto Alcan Planetarium (Space for Life)
- Montreal Tower/Montreal Olympic Park
- Canadian Centre for Architecture
- Atrium Le 1000
Where to buy the pass
You can buy the city pass at www.passeportmtl.com. You can also purchase it at a number of hotels across the city.
Benefits of purchasing a pass
Purchasing a pass has its advantages:
- It is a fixed cost, helping you to plan your travel expenses more accurately
- It acts a tourist guide by providing you with a list of recommended places to see
- It includes transportation
- It lets you see as many or as few destinations as you want
- It saves you time when researching places to visit during your time in the city
The Passeport MTL is a great way for tourists to see Montreal, and it is something that other cities could learn from to help improve the tourist experience.